Tuesday 19 October 2010

Quick ticket? Oh no it isn't!

It's the third time I've used this facility recently. Each time, I've pre-bought my ticket online, arrived punctually at East Croydon station, then had to choose a queue from the eight tentacles of twitchy commuters encircling the machines in the centre of the concourse and hesitantly navigating their way around the touch screen maze. It's a badly designed layout and non-intuitive interface. Just what you don't need when people are in a hurry to catch their train!

1 comment:

Jackie Barrie, Writing Without Waffle said...

Coming back from Brighton, I bought a ticket from the nice man behind the counter. He told me the train time and platform it would be on. He confirmed the off-peak price would apply. And he gave me a lovely smile which made my day.

It's called 'customer service'.

Sometimes, a bit of human interaction is worth the extra cost.