Tuesday 22 June 2010

Grumpy old woman

Maybe I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, but I am in the mood for a bit of a rant.

I have lived at the same address for over nine years. For over nine years I have been receiving 'junk' mail from Boots addressed to the previous resident. For over nine years I have been deleting the address and marking the envelope 'Return to Sender / Please take this name off your mailing list / Goneaway 2001'.

Another one arrived recently.

Argh!

Dear Boots, PLEASE tell me what I have to do to stop these mailings!

P.S. I'm also annoyed that new CDs are wrapped so tightly in cellophane (or whatever type of plastic it is) that you can't get them out without using a knife/scissors, cutting your fingers and scratching the CD case. Grrr.

* Goes to lie down, put on some calming music and eat chocolate

2 comments:

Frank said...

Ahh isn't that a typical case of 'we don't give a rats ass'?

I recently moved and as part of that notified all utility suppliers of my moving date, final readings, new contact, etc.

1 our of 4 managed to send me the right final bill to the right address. 2 blatantly overcharged me either for a full month (Virgin Media) or a full year (Thames Water).

A few angry phone calls later everything is in order but why oh why do I need to be angry and pissed off with someone before getting what 'they' should have done in the first place; putting me, the customer, at the heart of what they do.

Jackie Barrie, Writing Without Waffle said...

Maybe they think I'll be pleased to receive their unsolicited message, open it and buy something.

If yes, they live in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

It's a shame you have to make such a big fuss to get something done.