Tuesday 26 July 2011

I feel responsible

A few years ago, a local garage asked me to design an A5 ad for them. One side was to sell cars; the other to promote their repair service.

It ended up quite lairy-looking, but that's what they wanted. It was printed on a good quality card, with a laminate finish to make the colours zing.

This week, I found they've stuck the cards on all the cars in my road*. Not under the windscreen wiper, but under the window seal on the driver's side.

Quite naturally, a number of my neighbours have pulled the cards out and thrown them away (not always in a bin).

It feels odd to see my own work littering the pavement.

I've picked them up and binned them. It feels odd to do that too.

*I thought it was illegal to touch someone's car without permission. I know it's illegal to litter.

No comments: