Monday 10 January 2011

No comparison

Imagine the scene. Every price comparison website that is not Compare the Market briefs their ad agency the same way: "I want something like the meerkat, but different."

Go Compare's famously annoying 'Go Compario' character has recently evolved into a silent movie:



That's some relief!

Meanwhile, Compare the Market bravely allowed their advertisers to create a whole parallel website for Compare the Meerkat (which has even boosted sales of cuddly toys and visitors to the meerkat enclosure in the zoo.) There's even a Compare the Mongoose site. I wonder how much further it will go from the original product?

So Go Compare have launched a parallel radio campaign, advertising 'lolly brollies' - use it when it rains, eat it afterwards.

In my view, this ad hasn't a hope of competing with the cuddly creature, as it leaves you thinking about a useless product. I can't imagine what they were thinking!

It's not April 1st yet, is it?

2 comments:

E Margison said...

It warms my heart to see more or less unanimous support for my campaign against that hateful Go Compare moustache twiddler.
http://badadgraveyard.blogspot.com/

I've just started writing non-fiction articles but it seems like you are already established in the market.
Any advice on how to start earning money from article writing would be greatly welcomed.

If you can find the time please email me at marketmargison@aol.com
or just take a gander at my website I just hamfisted together

Jackie Barrie, Writing Without Waffle said...

Thanks for your message. I'll email you.