Sunday 23 September 2007

Celebrity endorsements (a.k.a. name dropping)

Less than 4 hours after my last blog post, I was amazed to receive an email purportedly from Richard E. Grant.

Wow! Is it possible that a little-known copywriter could inspire a response from a world-famous actor?

Soon afterwards, I happened to meet Jenny Agutter at a charity function, so I asked her if it was likely to be from the man himself.

"He's utterly charming," she told me. "Was the reply intelligent?"

I confirmed that it was.

"And was it funny?"

I agreed.

She said: "Actors do sometimes feel like replying to people who criticise them, so maybe it was. Why don't you reply and arrange to meet him?"

Thinks: Hmm, perhaps I should start writing about Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise...

Naturally I can't publish the content of Richard E. Grant's private message, but he did say that next time I produce a creative masterpiece, he looks forward to blogging it!

Well, Richard E., you might not have too long to wait as my new book is well underway and will be out soon*. I'll let you know when it's ready to review...

*Regular readers will know I've said that before, but I really do mean it this time!

No comments: